Monday, August 20, 2007

Constantly misunderstood

Thinking back in my life, my friends from primary, middle, and high school, never really understood ---- or still don't ---- how my life is like. All the more, many of them misunderstood what I do.

Most people would say, "Yeah man, so nice, you study music, so 'senang', no need to study like mad like us! Just play some music and have fun every day."

Now I'm wondering if it's just me or it really is ---- they kinda sounded sarcastic.

What they meant was "you musicians suck at life".

And there was this chick whom I used to like, told me something like this, "I need a man who knows what to do when there's a trouble, for example, when my tyre is flat, he should be able to change it; when I dunno how to pay taxes, he should know how... not a musician."

Eh, hold on a sec... How the hell do you know I dunno all these things? GAWD-DAYUMMM!!

Some would be too nice to me, "You mah good loh~~ Can do what you like and earn so much money!"

Analysis: do what I like? Correct. Earn so much money? How do you know? You think every musician plays in MPO?

The business people would say, "Aiyoooo, you dun understand one lah!! For us, networking is number one! Without networking, there's no business!"

Hello? Do you think music is not a kind of business? Where did you get that idea from? And how the fuck do you know I don't network? I network EVERYDAY!!

Then the ones who went into science or maths field, they'd say, "We go by logic and theory one, not like you only go by feeling and emotion."

Understatement: You're lame, don't think things with reason.

For these kinda people, I would REALLY, I mean REALLYYYY like to ask them to come study the theory of music. See how logical we can be, and how our theory teachers can be cold-blooded assholes like theirs. And I can also say to them, "You're lame, you only have logic, no emotions."

For you who do not understand my job, stop shitting on us and be humble and ask us about it ----- though you'd probably ending up not understanding it still! And for those of you who know a bit of it, please explore more before you drop a statement.

Oh, and for those of you who don't bother to try to understand us, please fuck off. No time for you. (yes... musicians are busy and hardworking people)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi 5 chern!!!!!! totally support you in this. not everybody understands, but i dont give a damn. someone just told me today: you charge so high??????? didn't help.. she doesn't know what's the difference between having a masters in music and some al cheapo music teacher. so why even bother!

joyce

Violinuts said...

idiots are everywhere...really...even in America...i'm sure in other places too...i had a dutch+norwegian student, the mother goohon until wants to reduce price with me, GODDAYUMMM!!

Ming Wai said...

Hey, keep it up man! I really think you are right, and I think musicians and those who study music is the balanced people, we reason, we think, we feel and we put our hearts into the music we make or hear. Amen!

Violinuts said...

Praise the Lord hallelujah

redpepper said...

i seriously think that musicians/artist have more dignity than most BMW driving-networking-i'm too-busy-for-life-businessmen.
people like you are my true hero.