Sunday, January 14, 2007

A minute for Michael

Hi Michael, if you can hear me.

I know that you do not know me, but I know you, I know your sound. I guess that is better than knowing you personally.

The first time I got to know you was when I popped in the CD "Directions in Music" that you did with Herbie and John.

I didn't remember the other tracks so well, other than that one track that would change my ears forever ----- "Naima".

Solitude, warmth, darkness, brightness, peace, fiery...

They were all presented by you, single-handedly, without anybody behind or beside you.

And I guess for that reason, I am pretty sure you will be fine walking this journey to another world all by yourself. Do not look back, though, because you do not want to see all the sad faces and tears-filled eyes that you left behind.

You brought peacefulness to our souls with your music, and now it is time for you to move on and find your eternal peace.

Rest in peace.


*Tenor saxophone great, Michael Brecker, died of leukemia on Saturday, January 13th, 2007. Leaving us nothing but a new unreleased album, and many other immortal recordings that he made.

2 comments:

Julian said...

Bro.. TENOR saxophone great.. not alto..

Violinuts said...

soli loh