Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ray Pizzi back with some words of gold (updated)

My dear musician friends, please, watch this! This man is my improvisation teacher and he is one of the few people I know who loves music more than his own life ---- and now he's teaching you how!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezUAUg1A6NU

This is the reason how he could survive on top of the food chain in the Hollywood industry.

Hollywood is a tough place to be in, and it's usually recording industry as everyone knows, which is hectic and super-organized --- to the point of "anal-ity". I've seen too many money-minded Hollywood musicians and composers who already forgot about the true meaning of music when I was there in LA. It's kinda scary to imagine what would I become if I lived there for 10 years as a studio musician. But under this kind of environment, Ray has been able to be on top of his form and makes good music every day and still loves every minute of making music. What does it take to stay in such good shape?

Now this is what I call "Practising what he preaches"!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Chern Hwei.

Unknown said...

p.s, I still remember you playing the absolute, definitive version of "My One and Only Love" Fantastic Soul......Ray Pizzi

Violinuts said...

couldn't have done it without you, my father!