Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thanks...

Summer...

Time to go home for a while and leave everything in New York behind for two months...

Well, not everything, but you know what I mean...

But before I leave, I have to list out a few names --- people who treat me so well that I dunno how to repay them. Without these people, I'd say, I might have become very broke, not known in the scene, or.... well, let's just say, I might not become who I am today.

Thanks to

Ray Pizzi --- he's my improvisation Jedi master, but at the same time my father figure who taught me so many things in life.

Daniel Phillips --- my classical violin teacher who made me the musician I am right now.

Christian Howes --- my friend and some-time teacher whom I met at the subway, the first person in New York who really cares about my career as a musician and later signed my artist visa application, he's the whole reason I'm still around. He also changed the way I play jazz --- like how he changed many others.

Claudia Wigent --- if Ray Pizzi's my father figure, then Claudia's my mother figure. She's a great harpist and music contractor of various big wedding events. She is also one of the few people who really cares about my career, both artistically and monetarily. She's always watching my back. I am very touched what she'd done to me. *hugs*

Jenny Lin --- say, if Ray is my father figure, Claudia is my mother figure, I guess Jenny is my SISTER figure. I dunno how she trusted me so much, first time we met in her concert she said she wanted to play with me (she'd never hear me play before). And she's always very supportive about the weird stuff I have been trying to do. She just has that strange faith in me, somehow. *hug hug*

Mike Block --- this is my Jewish bro who approached me for the Sirius Quartet position. If it ain't this guy, nobody in the scene would take note of me still.

Yuko --- my dancer/choreographer friend. Even though we have only met for 2 weeks to date, she became my first ever loyal fan. She followed every single show that I played since we met. I should include Yoshiko and Rio's names here too but Yuko is definitely the leader of the fan base!! I also have to thank her strange faith in me (similar to that of Jenny's), hiring me as a "composer" in her project, knowing that I'm not actually a composer.

Last but not least, my hip hop brotha, Akim Funk Buddha. Yes man, you're another person who've been appreciating what I do on my fiddle and making good use of it. You brought me to Kennedy Center, Joe's Pub, all those places. What can I say except giving a big hug to you?

Thanks to all of you, I won't forget any of you for my whole life.

No comments: