Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Updates on HMI 2006 (first part, week 2)

So I wrote the first concert is over, pretty good.

Had some fun in the post-concert party, man, them jazz players tore it up!!!

Talked to Su a little, she's a fun person, especially when we use Manglish to talk, WOOHOO!!! What a rush!!!

The next day we went to Warner Bros., but since we were all so fucked up (we had ANOTHER party the night before right after the post-concert party ---- folks, that's HMI!), we woke up like zombies at 7 in the morning. And hell, the fuckin' bus didn't show up till late...sigh*, should've slept longer...

The Indiana Jones session in the Clint Eastwood Recording Stage in Warner Bros. wasn't as good as last year, I have to confess. The brass players this year, I dunno why, they kept cracking their notes up! We had to take so many takes until we didn't have time to look at the final result!

After the session, I followed Russ and his friend, Micah, to Universal Studio that's just around the corner to watch Superman Returns in IMAX version. Saw the movie before, so the whole point there is just to watch the three 3D scenes, yes, I said THREE. ONLY THREE. Luckily it's not so bad.

That night we went to Ken's place to eat Bak Kut Teh, yummy! HP made some chicken too. That was something! Then Nick came to let HP try his Izuka viola and fetched us back to the dorm.

* * * * * * * * * *

Rest of the week up till now is all about playing. Orchestra in the morning, 9.30am ---- which sucks. This week we're performing film music with a big screen behind. But not as good as last year cuz we almost don't have any other film composers to conduct us, except Pat and Larry Rosenthal. PLUS, no Paul Chihara! :( I miss him, hope he will show up eventually.

String band is going alright, more systematic this time. What I like is we only play one piece in the combine string band, which saves the havoc from last year.

Then, it's all jamming jamming and jamming. Jamming with any cats I would like to jam with. It's fun, it's great! I got better, I feel. And Jeremy and I came up with a new tune!

Music filled my life right now, I'm really really happy and satisfied. I don't think I have time for any other things, I really need my own space and my own time. I don't even know if having a girlfriend at this point is such a good idea anymore...

3 comments:

Violinuts said...

Hard, I can't share my working time with her... well, we broke up liao, last night...

Violinuts said...

diu nia sing, congrats!!!

Violinuts said...

Thai gok mui?