Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Chick Corea in KL

I missed him by just that little bit...

Not that it's hard for me to see him in action in NYC, but I wanted to meet him up in KL because I thought it would be more meaningful.

So his assistant told me that he won't be coming out into the crowd to do signing or anything, I was a bit disappointed really. But I passed my Evil Twin demo with "Crystal Silence" in it to his assistant anyway, I hope he will pass it to Chick.

Chick, if you're reading this man, please listen to my new stuff, I really want you to hear our rendition of Crystal Silence!

x x x x x x

I met Chick once in New York when I first got there, at Lincoln Center's Barnes and Noble bookstore. He was doing a book signing thing for L. Ron Hubbard's "To The Stars", which inspired him to write a suite that bears the same title for his Elektrick Band.

He was so nice to me he asked me to pass him my CD if I have one, and that he will listen to it. So I did and more than half a year later I found myself holding his letter with his real signature on it, wishing me all the best in my career!

I dunno if many people got this from Chick, but it certainly gave me BIG encouragement in doing my THING. It was the kind of moral support that you don't get everyday from legendary cats with his calibre.

Thanks Chick! I hope to see you some time in NY!

No comments: