Wednesday, March 07, 2007

In Bangkok

I arrived on the 4th of March, where CM was already waiting for me outside. My head was still ringing with music that I played with Greg the other night, I only slept two hours after the gig.

Journey was fine, because I slept through the whole of it, and also it's been a while since I sat by myself with nobody else next to me.

I'm looking at Bangkok with a different perspective this time.

Last time I was here, I didn't really have time to look at it, and I was totally bothered by the linguistic problems here, I didn't have a good time, plus the time was short as it was an overnight transit.

Cruising around the streets on buses and cabs CM gave me another experience of Bangkok.

The food here is really great, and cheap too. And you see a lot of beautiful people walking on the streets, but of course you can't be sure if they're real or not...if you know what I mean...hehe

Haven't been CM for more than two years, this little bastard can now speak some Thai with the locals, some vendors around his neighbourhood don't even know he's not a Thai. Haha, sneaky little bastard...

Now I'm sitting in CM's sax professor's room, waiting for the soundcheck and rehearsal at 5pm. Mahidol University has a beautiful campus, with great facilities in the music college. I jsut went to see a piano recital, which they used a Steinway concert grand. CM also told me that they have two other concert grands in the hall.

The hall is beautiful and fully equipped. Wondering when can we have a school like this in Malaysia...sigh...

Getting sleepy now, waiting for the concert...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

picturesss

Violinuts said...

whoozat?

Anonymous said...

amanda yo.

Violinuts said...

knew it. didn't take much pics.