Sunday, February 17, 2008

Miles 2nd 5tet

Goddamn!!!!!!!!!!

I got myself a whole box set of 6 CDs of Miles Davis' 2nd quintet!!!!!!!!

I played for Mike M's benefit show. Since it was a benefit, he couldn't pay us too much, so he decided to get us some CDs that we want from his friend who works in BMG, who has access to so many promotional copies (over 10,000 titles in the catalogue).

Mike said, "Go crazy, choose something you really like but too expensive to buy!"

Fuck yeah, so I chose Miles 2nd 5tet box set that I wanted for sooooo long. Then I asked Jules if he wants something, he chose Miles and Trane's complete Columbia sessions. I went back to Mike and asked him if I could get one more, he said sure go ahead! So that's how Jules got his new baby for free!

But hell, I didn't know when Mike said, "Go crazy", he really meant it. When I looked at Jesse's selections, I almost killed myself! Shit, that motherfucker got SOOO MANY BOX SETS!! Including AC/DC's complete box set, Clash, some Bob Dylan shit and some more I dunno what!

Bummer. Too late.

No comments: