Sunday, February 17, 2008

Recording with Tony Sanchez

Michelle gave me an SMS in the morning when I almost woke up, saying, "I think you will like the drummer."

OK, I thought, whatever. I trust her judgement.

So I packed up my shit, Brandon came pick me up, and we hit straight to Kampo Studios on Bond Street.

Found the place, got buzzed in, took the elevator up. Door opened, and we saw Michelle and this muscle guy sitting on the couch ---- Antonio Sanchez.

He's really cool, chilling with everybody else like he's just another person, doesn't act all diva and shit.

After a looooooooong setup, we finally hit. Man, this guy is so stable that everything he plays in the studio seems usable for a recording!

With him playing there and Yoshi laying down the bass in Mediterraneo, it felt like I suddenly know the tune for real! I always thought I knew the music better than anyone, but then there were still some uncertainty rhythmically. But once these two motherfuckers came in and play, everything was crystal clear and I actually understood how the music worked!

That was quite a session, I learned a lot...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i see---
MM
i need bigger muscles!!!