Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Evil Twin recording session!!

Jeremy and me are staying in LA for a few days, and decided to record ourselves so that we can put our clips on MySpace, since Ken offered to record us before.

So we finally did it today.

My bow was broken last week because of a small accident, so in the mean time I'm repairing it, I have to have a new bow. I had been thinking of buying a carbon-fibre bow anyways, so today we went to Studio City Music a.k.a. Eric Benning Violin Shop near the big movie studios. I got a Jon Paul Bravo model, original price was 210, but Eric gave me a discount and it became a 200 dollars deal. Out of my expectation, he asked me to choose any rosin I like! He told me to better choose the expensive ones. So I chose the Liebenzeller Metall-Kolophonium rosin, the Gold II series. According to Eric, Liebenzeller is the first person who put metal into the rosin to avoid rapid melting!

I tried out the bow in the recording session when we got back to Ken's apartment, man, I love the bow-chops it produces! It's so crispy, and it's definitely worth more than that price! Yesterday I used Jeremy's cello bow to record a trial take, haha!

Anyway, we took many takes today within the 4.15pm to 6.30pm, including another song, Crystal Silence, with only one take. I think "Get It" had us do 5 takes. Don't remember. We decided to choose the last take. At fist we wanted to choose the second last, but we suddenly realize we didn't switch on the mic... so there were only pick-up sound that sounds pretty ugly by itself. Shit... had to redo it once more, but we were glad to find that it was the best take!!

It's 3am now, Ken is still mixing "Get It"! Thanks buddy, you're amazing!!

4 comments:

Julian said...

Love the tune!! Kick a**, mate.. you and Jeremy!!

Keep it up!

sunny-side up said...

Hi! sorry i lost your email. Kudos for the good stuff.

sunny-side up said...

Hey. Keep in touch

Shoehorn said...

You guys rock. I really hope this piece will get big bomb in NY and Boston... you better make it happen. Do it for me! If not, pay me $80 x 2 for recording!

Like what Ray said, THANKS TO THE BITCH!!!!
You better do something big. You already started your engine... go all the way. I am sure when you look back few months later, you will really thank the bitch!