Monday, August 07, 2006

HMI (3rd week)

It's been a cool week because we didn't have to go through all those difficult orchestra parts. Music's quite easy this week, I was glad. I guess the hardest parts were Tian's and Ulf's pieces. Easy week.

JD and Bill Cunliffe did some crazy changes on Rhapsody in Blue, but it was worth it. I almost cried when I heard Pascal's solo in there. Rhapsody in Blue with rhythm section in the cadenza, man that's a bold but creative move! And fuck that woman who shouted, "Wrap it up!" She clearly doesn't know shit about being a good audience, not to mention knowing music.

JD's brought our spirit up a level this week, cuz he kept on saying, "Playing music is supposed to make you FEEL GOOD. If you don't feel good, those cats in the audience won't dig it. If you feel good, the cats will feel good too! You dig?" Yes I dig, JD! And he always shouted, "SING IT!!! SING IT!!!" We did, it's another tear-jerking moment when we played the slow part. Damn, he's got some magic there, our Mr Penguin.

The concert in Marina Del Rey was awesome, but it can't beat the concert a night before --------- the chamber orchestra concert.

Gonzalo Rubalcaba totally tore it up!!! I saw Marianne's tears after Gonzalo played the first song! Yes, I was totally touched too.

Then Turnage piece is some shit man, I love it!!!

* * * * * * * * * *

Coda:

I really like HRK, but too bad, HRK has bf...

Well, I guess I shouldn't think about that for now, I don't want a gf now, and plus, it's just a summer fling...

But well, my point is, I really like HRK!

Maybe because she looks like Sodam? Dunno... maybe...

No comments: