Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My first official lesson with Christian Howes

Christian Howes, my Kungfu Master!!!
Yesterday was my first lesson with him --- officially. He gave me a lesson on the streets before, which was REALLY cool!
I got to Brooklyn, in his apartment, and took an almost 2-hour lesson with him.
It was great, I learned so much from him.
The lesson went back to the same problem I always have: Using much ears.
Before I started jazz, it was my sightreading that really sucked.
Now that my sightreading got better (much better), the intuition problem has taken over.
In jazz, I still trust my ears too much, I do not memorize chords too well.
Chris pointed this out to me again and again during the lesson.
He also explained the "4 in 1" theory to me.
So much to learn, so little time...

Oh, yes, he also passed me a gig, thanks Chris! I dunno how to thank you!

No comments: