Monday, August 14, 2006

HMI 2006 (Final Week)

Ray Pizzi's quote of the week:

I don't care what scales or modes you play in a slow ballad man. As long as you make the bitches horny!

x x x x x x x x x x x x

Last week was a blur to me.

Because I found out something that would make me feel so bitter that I wanna kill myself.

It was in Catalina's, HMI organized a jam session in there. As usual, I sat in a corner with other fiddlers. HP sat with her girlfriends and this percussionist Sctt who likes her together on one table. I felt a gush of jealousy running to my heart.

Then they sat so close and talked to each other's ears and flirt.

Then later after the thing, I saw them got down from the bus and walked towards his car and went away.

I almost killed myself then.

I never knew how much I care. But now I think I know.

But I can't do anything, because I was the one who asked for a breakup in such an ungodly timing. I should be responsible!

The rest of the week was pretty emotional, lots of tears and alcohol (both from me and her).

But anyway, we had our string ensemble concert on Wednesday which went very well, though JC's program was too long. Also, my E string popped when my group started to play the first few bars. But luckily Hebe came in to switch her violin with mine. Later she even put on a new E string for me! Thanks Hebe!

The rest of the week was filled with jealousy and bitterness. I couldn't even remember the music much. For example, the Maria Schneider concert should've been great but all I did throughout the concert was peeking what they were doing in the far side of the plaza...

My heart was filled with anger!!!

But I know I hurt her too much, too much... there's no way for me to go back to her and tell her to come back, that would be shameless!! Plus, I really need time for music!!

See how complicated I am? I don't even understand myself anymore...


Anyway, the grand finale was great! Well of course, if you ignore Ahn Trio by purpose! Haha!

Michael Daugherty's Ghost Ranch was absolutely amazing, and very nice to be played too. Paul Chihara's The Tempest is cute too. Of course, it's Paul! He's cute himself.

The concert ended with Abe Laboriel's crazy bass solo in Peter Gunn. He is AMAZING!!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Coda:

Now I'm in Ken's house, after checking out yesterday (sunday, 8/13).

Yesterday we were all very tired because of the crazy Toga/Mattress party we had after the concert.

We came to Ken's place, had lunch, then went on to the airport to send HP off to Portland, Oregon.

Life without HP is a little peaceful, for I don't have to see them being together. But I miss her a lot, I dunno if she feels the same. Maybe not... She has Sctt.

My heart is still aching, and also burns with flame. That bastard promised me that he will give me peace of mind just to go through the last week of the institute, and yet, they went to the beach together, sat so close in the concert... It totally burns me into flame.

Motherfucker...

No comments: