Friday, April 14, 2006

Four Seasonssssssssssssss..............

Mike gave me a shocking e-mail the other day saying that he can't do the Four Seasons for my concert.

I was like, "Shit! What am I gonna do?"

I tried to ask for help from DJ but he couldn't do it either. So how? DJR was panicked too, cuz he was the one who helped me recruiting those people.

But finally I found that my paranoia is a waste of energy.

We had a pretty good first rehearsal last night, despite the fact that Carlene our cellist couldn't make it, David's not back in town yet to play the harpsichord. But they will be here soon, so why worry?

So we have HP on first, Ina on second, Sara on viola and Marty on bass, and I was the solo violinist cum conductor. It was a fun experience. Although we couldn't run 2 seasons as planned, we managed to rehearse and polish the Spring in a detailed way that we could never do if we have a bigger ensemble. So in a way, I was glad that we have a small group.

Members of the band are very motivated too! We immediately scheduled two other rehearsals after realizing we couldn't accomplish our schedule for the day.

Being a "conductor" while playing the violin is not easy, it's different from leading a string quartet or a violin section. I guess I learned something from yesterday's rehearsal, was cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I googled for "Seasonssssssssssssss" typing numbers of "s" at random. And found this... just thought I should tell you. (bored at work tmf)