Friday, April 14, 2006

Nihm

Perhaps I should listen to the album more before I write this, but I'm too excited!

I was looking at some CDs the other day in Tower, after a very exciting gig. I got more than I expected from the person who hired me, so I decided to be a little bad boy for a day ---- to buy myself some CDs.

Damn are they expensive! But later on I decided to buy Erik Friedlander's Prowl. I've seen him playing live --- amazing. So I decided to buy it cuz it's on sale, 14.99 instead of the usual 16.99. *BAM!! "Sold for 14.99! Thank you sir..." (why am I doing this Phantom thingy?)

Then I thought of Okkyung Lee's Nihm, so I went on to find her name. I found the album, I really want to buy it, because I could never forget "A Windy Day" by her. It's simply amazing!

But I stopped and called Ken who's at home in LA, I told him to browse the Tzadik website for me before I make up my mind to buy it. He told me the price is much cheaper, so I went home to buy it online.

So at last I got the CD "Nihm" today.

I can't tell you how great the feeling was. Maybe simply because I'm an Asian. I can totally tell what she must be feeling when she created all these wonderful music. From "A Windy Day" to "Home" to "Sky" and so on...

I was touched in the soul...

Thanks Okkyung, for the great music you made!

No comments: