Thursday, April 06, 2006

Minimalism...

I am preparing to write my final paper.

Problem is: Books?

OK, don't get me wrong, I found some books about Minimalist composers from our school library. I found 5 actually. But the writings about John Adams are soooo pathetic!

I need more resources~~~~

I'm just so surprised that the writings and books about Minimalist movement in music (not to mention the composers) are so limited! It is such an important movement since decades ago and is still going strong now!

So far on New York Public Library, I could only find one book published by Phaidon, entitled "Minimalists", with Steve Reich's head on the cover. Not bad, but not enough.

Gosh... why are the topics that I chose are always so hard to gather information? I still remember what I went through went I was writing my bachelor paper about jazz violin and classical violin...

No comments: