Friday, June 16, 2006

John Williams

It's a bird, it's a plane...

NO!!

IT'S JOHN WILLIAMS!!!

Yes... that what he is for me. He is my hero.

And today, he walked in and rehearsed with us!

I heard he's not such a great conductor, but I think he is!

He has the Hollywood efficiency while working with orchestra, but in the same time, he has the New York intellectual mind.

"Sayuri's Theme" in Memoirs of a Geisha is not such a complicated piece, but he could make magic out of it by working on some details that non-other Hollywood conductors i had worked with would normally work on.

He told us to think about the beautiful sound before we try to play in tune. That is, if you have a perfect sound in your mind, it will make you play more in tune because a perfect sound also includes the accuracy of pitch.

Once the orchestra was in his hands, we sounded 10 times better than before!

Mr. Williams is definitely a great musician, I salute him.

No wonder he's my hero.

1 comment:

Violinuts said...

In fact I did!