Friday, June 02, 2006

Upcoming program/ Flood

As we thought we might be putting one of Mozart's Duo for violin and viola into our Carnegie debut recital, new works flowed in like flood.

First Mikael already agreed earlier this semester to write something for us, FOC, as long as it's performed and recorded. This is further confirmed the other while talking to him.

Then Tyler said he will write something for us too ---- which I always welcome.

Now Momoko's asking us to try out her new violin duo short piece.

And then...

I was chatting with Adee that night and told her our duo got into this thing in Carnegie Hall to do debut there. She was like, "Do you want me to write something for you?"

OF COURSE!!

So there u go!!! Adee!!!!

Plus Paul's Duo Concertante is ready.

So why the hell do we need Mozart anyway? Looks like it's the modern music that rules!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Talking about new pieces flowing in like flood, let me tell u about the REAL flood.

I was about to take a shower and go to FP's wedding... I have a strange habit to play CDs whatever I'm doing ---- except practising of course. So I switched on Wayne Shorter's JuJu.

Just when the first augmented chord on the piano hits the air, I saw a stream of water flowed in like Yang Tze River!!!

"I'm fucked," I told myself, "can't go out now, no way..."

HP was not at home, so what should I do?

DIY!!!

But the water flowed too fast, it hits the living room and HP's room right away!!!

So I didn't make a second thought and call up Brother Ming who lives across. Luckily he was free and he came to help.

Sigh... It took us more than 1 hour to clean up the whole mess in the house!!

That was a big effort.

So later I bought dinner for Brother Ming in the bakery, had some chit chat. It was still raining.

After I got home, everything was fine, no more water coming in.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

My computer's fuse was busted... shit...

My fuckin' landlord came and saw the whole situation, he was just saying lightly, "We can't control mother nature."

Yeah right. Why didn't he block the whole first anyway? He knew that the water flowed in from the garage! Why didn't he do anything?

And when I asked for discount from him because my computer was busted, he said, "Oh! My son can fix it cuz he owns and internet cafe!"

Fucker, I knew you are afraid of losing money!! But I haven't told him that my bed is also soaked with water. I'm gonna tell him tomorrow. I swear I wanna get some discounts from him!!!

1 comment:

Violinuts said...

Yeah babe... will try as hard as I could... thank you...