Monday, May 22, 2006

Believe what you believe...

Saw the movie Da Vinci Code with HP and her mom. They didn't really understand what was going on because this is pretty much a dialogue-based movie.

After the movie, her mom said she read a bit of the book but gave up reading it cuz she thinks it's all bullshit, meaningless to read on.

But I was surprised how she can finish Onmyoji novel and TV series altogether in a matter of few days? That's even more bullshit.

I guess it's because DVC touched her religion, and made a story out of the whole Holy Grail thingy. She was offended I guess, maybe subconsciously offended.

Seriously, I don't blame her though. Because if I were her, who knows I might do the same too.

But this shows you how powerful belief is. It can make you understand life (in the way it wants you to understand), it can make you deny knowledge (be it true or fake knowledges), it opens your eyes (to beauty or ugliness), and it can blind you as well.

Belief,
What is belief?
Is it really truth
that lays inside belief?

I wouldn't say yes. But my belief is: If you believe in something, it is already there. It doesn't matter if the thing you believe ever existed physically or historically. If it lies in your heart, it already exists.

So, believe what you believe. There is no right or wrong --- as long as you do not hurt any others with your belief, or force people to believe what you believe.

No comments: