Monday, May 15, 2006

Returned to New York

California is even more like a dream for me now.

It's like suddenly you are pulled away from Hank's music, from Williams' greatness, from all the music I love since I was a child, and from the feeling of home.

Jules, I meant to tell you that your piece is still "rumping" and "pumping" inside my very nerve. I kept on humming it to myself during the journey back home. It is not a coincidence, it is your passion that causes that.

I can memorize this piece in the back of my head, though I still can't figure out the meaning of the title.

Maybe that's why they say, "Name is not important".

Every time I hear the music (even if I'm only imagining it), I felt my eyes wetter than usual.

Straightforward is not a bad word, why always look for deep philosophy in music? Where does passion stand in philosophy? And where does philosophy stand when our hearts are trembled by the force of music as of an earthquake or tidal wave?

No comments: