Sunday, November 19, 2006

Lament to Henry Mancini Institute

Done with the last show of TMM, so happy! Got my cheque, banked it in~

Then I went to this totally cool 24-hour diner opened by a Greek, damn the fried chicken was REALLY delicious!!!!

I got home at last, it's 3:47am now... and I'm thinking of HMI...

HJ was right, HMI is too good to exist in the real world. Where can you possibly find another Summer music festival like this: full scholarship for everyone, performing with so many top jazz and pop artists, meeting one of the leading American composers alive, working and taking lessons with top Hollywood musicians, meeting all the famous film composers and get conducted by them, mock-recording in Warner Bros. Clint Eastwood Scoring Stage, and last but not least, learning about how to survive in the harsh music industry.

Coming out of HMI 2005, I became a totally new person who is cautious about so many things that I previously wouldn't notice. I became a more open person and like to talk to people and make connections and friends. And also, I became so much more confidence as a musician, knowing that I'm not as bad as I thought ----- being in the classical world would definitely make you feel that.

I owe so much to HMI that I would love to do anything to help raising fund to relaunch HMI, but I know I don't have that kind of power to do so...

But I just wanna tell all the friends that I knew from there, together with the administrative people like Jill Packard, Craig Michaels, Lisa Vasey, Jona Ang, Brett and Rachel our librarians. You guys are grrrrrrrreat!! Without you guys, what would HMI be like? Geez, I can't imagine...

Please HMI, if you could, please resurrect, we're waiting for you to "re-educate" our new generation of musicians and tell them how to get "A Life In Music"!

No comments: