Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Project Taming Sari

We had a first rehearsal today, I felt good about it and am pretty excited about what we can become in the future.

The line-up:

Michelle Marie Nestor, guitar
Fung Chern Hwei, violin
Brandon Silaco, percussions

This is a project that Michelle and I put together, trying to find a new kind of sound. Sort of ECM, spacey, clean, light, but not lacking of power. Original idea was to include my bro Jeremy Harman on the cello, but that guy has been missing in action for a long time, since we can't wait anymore, we started to rehearse.

The group sounded good. The sound started to gel up and started to show some promising potential within an hour of playing!

We played my tune "Riders on the Lost Track" today, doing the head over and over again. I taught them about the Malay joget rhythm. They were a little stiff in the beginning, but after a while, it started to blend, and we came out with our way of playing that rhythm!

I can't wait for next week! I can almost be sure that good things will happen to this group!

*thanks Brandon, for your full determination and seriousness!

No comments: