Sunday, December 31, 2006

"The Zorn Thing" Expansion Pack

I admit that I was pretty out there last night when I was writin the blog, having played the whole night and had some drinks. Plus I was really sleepy.

So here's some "Extra Features".

I met Okkyung after the set and she recognized me right away. She asked me about my visa thing, gave me some good advice, really appreciate it. I told her that their playing ws amazing, and she said, "Thank you. Well, maybe you'd had enough of this shit." Haha! I said, "Well it's different every time, so I don't think I will ever have enough of it!"

Then I saw John Zorn standing behind the glass door, so I asked Okkyung if it's OK to talk to Zorn because I needed to pass my CD to him. Okkyung told me it should be OK, so she told the doorman to let me in, they didn't hesitate.

I went up to Zorn and introduced myself and told him that I'm an admirer of his music, and I wrote a piece for violin and viola, it's inspired by him and recently performed....he just cut in and say, "You want me to listen to it? Sure!" He took the CD from me.

SO COOL!

ZORN!!! Bitch it's ZORN!!!!!!!

No comments: