Friday, May 18, 2007

A Day of being a Tour Guide

Met up with HZ and her parents today, for the first time. HZ is 12 and very talented, hardworking, and smart. Very nicely brought-up too. Her parents are very cool ones, just like my own parents, they're not those "super-star" parents who want to make their child a prodigy ------- the reason I use the word "make" is because their children are simply not prodigies. They're very down-to-earth.

So I brought them to lunch, but they paid for me instead, thanking me for spending time with them...sigh... malulah, I just feel that I should do that and help my fellow countrymen as much as I can, no need any return lah...

But anyways, I led them to walk from 51 St to Lincoln Center ---- from the willingness to walk, I could tell that they're very sporting also, again, like my parents! Haha...

Then I brought them to see Juilliard, didn't plan to smuggle them into the building because I'm not a Juilliard student. But then, man oh man, ain't that a bitch? Mr. Etienne Charles appeared in front of me waving his hand!

Damn, was he nice! He took the initiative to ask HZ if she wants to take a look at the school, and then signed all of us in.

So he showed us the facilities they have and shit. Even I haven't really seen those things, having been to Juilliard a few times. Thanks to him, I got to see them!

During the visit, I met Zhou Tian in the computer lab, printing his music, obviously. Then we met Andrea, the Canadian cellist from HMI 2006, while waiting for the elevator! Funny thing is, Jeremy just mentioned about her the other day.

After the little Juilliard tour, I brought them to Kaufman Center for HZ's hour-long practice session. Man, one hour sounds pretty short to me, I hope she had enough time...

Then I brought them to walk around to see Times Square, then to Rockerfeller Center, then to St. Patrick's, until little HZ started to turn extremely tired and sleepy. Understandable, it's the jetlag. She's been pretty persistent in walking with us without making a noise, which I was pretty impressed.

So we went to Sapporo to eat ramen --- again, malunya~~ they paid for it again.

Then I sent them back to their hotel. At the entrance of the hotel, little HZ handed me a treble-clef-shaped Carnegie Hall pencil as a gift. She's such a sweetheart! Then she handed me another gift from Chong Lim. Man... u shouldn't have!! Anyway, I miss our movie sessions man, I will be back soon and make sure to hang out with you again!

x x x x

Then I went to watch Chris Potter, Miguel Zenon and Antonio Sanchez playing in 55 Bar.

What more can I say??

They're the definition of "badass mouthafuckas"!!!!

No comments: