Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 Musical day out

Yes, it's September 11th.

Some people are freaked out, fearing there might be some serious shit happening again.

But I went out anyway. At 12.30pm, I was in Carnegie Hall with Nick Ong singing Mozart's Requiem in the audience.

Then we had lunch in Hunan Park before he went to his accompanying gig in Bronxville.

So I loafed around Lincoln Center area, and finally made up my mind to watch a movie in Lincoln Plaza Cinema. But before that I went into Holy Trinity Church to meditate, cleared my mind a bit. That short moment of silence worked so well for me! My mind was suddenly so clear.

Anyway, the movie --- "The Protector" (aka Tom Yam Goong. Thai movie)--- was really bad. I mean the action was terrific, but the script was almost amateurish!! Can't believe it. They should find a balance...

Then, it was the highlight of the day --- The New York Voices, 'live' in Jazz Standard!

Best part is: IT'S FREE!! It's under something called the "September Concert", where many countries in the world organise lots of free concerts in the different parts of the land.

So me, Nick, Jido, and two other friends of Jido's went in and enjoyed a set of superior jazz vocal performance. Not to mention that both the male members in the group can play some mean instruments too!

After the gig, I went to lower east with Nick to see what's happening in The Stone. Stupid me, they're close on Mondays!! Fuck me!!!

Then we went to West Village and I showed him some jazz clubs there, and we ended up chatting in Starbucks.

It was a cool day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, now this is my first time checking out your blog...interesting.... some info about the "real" you eh..
and lots of "new" 4 alphabet words! hahaha....ok, so they are not new, old...just not on my vocab! Hope you are doing well eh! Take care and hope you keep climbing and climbing that musical ladder to fame!

Violinuts said...

Thanks Martha, you're somethin'! Say hi to your nice babies!!

Shoehorn said...

Martha, you know I seldom said that 4 letters.
Chern hwei influences me! Not my fault. So, go knock his head. I am just a piece of white A4 paper.