Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Drake Function





Had a session with Marcy Rosen today, playing the 2nd movement of Brahms 6tet no.2.

After that I rushed to Manhattan with Jung Yi on the E train. She went to Mannes, while I went to Madison Ave to play in POA for Drake Management's function.

The spot that we perform in was on the balcony of 16th floor --- yes, open air. We could see so much of the City from a view that we hardly get, it's quite beautiful up there.

We should have started rehearsing from 3pm, but the people in the office didn't like to have noise, so we had to cancel it and do photo session instead. The photo session took about 20 minutes and we were off until 5.30pm.

So Wu Tang and Shao Lin (me) went out to the 5th Ave to have a look in the Gucci shop, also, he introduced me to this boutique shop "Blanc de Chine" (源) which was based on the Chinese traditional design. Hey, I've never lay an eye on shops like these, this is like the first time, a GUY showed me this. I even tried a closed-collar designed jacket, I always liked this kinda design. Man, it was 100% silk, really comfy to wear! But of course, if you look at the price, you will run away.

Then we went to the Louis Vuitton shop to have a look, saw so many Japanese in there, actually in the whole of 5th Ave. So Wu Tang and me were wondering how could they be so rich?

The gig went pretty smooth, except I didn't have my music, and was reading off Wu Tang's stand, but it didn't really matter cuz I knew the music very well. I'm still wondering where the hell did they keep my music?

Anyway... we got our paycheck during the intermission, which was great! Should've ran off with it... :P

Attached are the pics that I took today, and you can see Shaolin and Wu Tang doing their Chinese thing...

3 comments:

Shoehorn said...

I think you look more like HAK SE HUI Long Tou, he is your Sei Kai
:D

Violinuts said...

fuck u guys...

Shoehorn said...

hahahahah crazy chatting yesterday.... A&W, yeah mama

hahahah