Sunday, September 24, 2006

Trane / Daijiro


9/23 is John Coltrane's birthday, and 9/24 is Daijiro's departure day to go back to Japan, then Germany.

Such meaningful days.

One is the arrival day of one of the greatest musical genius in our time.

Another one is the day one of my dearest friends leaving New York.

So in the intersection between these two special days, I met up with Daijiro, one last time before he left New York.

We met in Dunkin' Donuts, talked shit, had drinks and donut for an hour.

It was fun, a happy moment. There's never a moment so precious than spending time with your good friend --- a true friend.

When his bus came, I saw his eyes rolling with tears.

Such a person is Daijiro, full of emotion and sentimental. I still remember him crying after the concert with Prof. Michael Beuerle, hugging the professor.

Man, I'll never forget you! Wish you a wonderful career in the future!

And I hope our musical paths will cross again one day, play some crazy shit together, or, simply, sprechen Scheisse.

Thanks for cheering me up when I first came back from LA. Do you remember your quote? Maybe you don't. Here goes:

"Look at the sky, it's so clear and beautiful. Your heart should be like that too."

Yes my man, I will never forget this and I am putting it in good use.

Thank you so much! ありがとうございます!! You will be 私の友達 forever.

No comments: