Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I changed my poster!


So excited!

Went to QC today and saw a poster sale in the dining hall.

So I went to look for Miles Davis' poster, and guess what? I found them!

I chose one of the many designs, which is entitled "Miles Davis New York City 1948".

I really like the black n white layout, typical for jazz musicians. He's sitting on the chair casually playing his trumpet. He defines the word "Cool".

Still and calm. Not afraid of anything, but not hasty to show it.

In his own words, "Don't take shit from nobody."

That's the kind of characteristics Miles represented throughout his life. People said he is arrogant, but I would say that's not the only thing he has. His arrogance has a deeper or more transcended manner. It's hard to explain, but I think I hear it in his music.

So here we are, Miles replacing my Star Wars poster.

A change.

I need a change.

I need a metamorphosis.

No comments: