Sunday, September 10, 2006

Exciting post-teaching Saturday

So I was out by 4.30pm from SOS, feeling so good!!

I am a viola teacher at last, never really taught a violist before. This viola student ain't so bad at all. I think she can be shaped.

Anyway, Nick Ong called me up and asked me if I wanna do some shit together, so I suggested DJR's restaurant.

So we ended up meeting each other at 8.15pm (he was late), had a fucking big meal until I could not tahan ("stand" in Malay) anymore. There is always this eggplant dish that makes me feel like puking... I felt so bad after eating just a piece of it, yuck... thinking of the taste still makes me feel like puking!

After the meal, I tried to go to find Martin and Min Jee in the Vanguard even though I was quite sure that I couldn't see them --- I had time anyway.

So of course, the 11pm set was almost started, and they disappeared from the scene.

So I shuffled around the Village and thought of finding out what's going on in 55 Bar, and guess whom I saw? JANELLE!!

That's just so random! She was standing right outside of the Bar, so we hugged and greeted each other and talked. I only heard she's gonna be moving in town, but never thought I would run into her like that.

So me, Janelle, and a friend of hers, Charlie, went to Daddy-O to drink. We went pass Sweet Rhythm on the way, Jeremy Pelt, Louis Hayes and some other people were playing in there. Man, were they killin'?!! We stopped there for a long while!

After the drink in Daddy-O, Charlie and me took a train home, wow! I talked to him so much! Looks like a guy who can get along, pretty cool!

No comments: