Monday, October 02, 2006

I-House Jam October 1st

Can't believe this shit, I slept at 7am and woke up at 11am looking dumb and shit, and 12 hours later I was in I-House with Heun Jeung and ready to play again.

Ain't that some funny shit? This is a crazy life I'm living!!

After I got all setup, I played Autumn Leaves with the house band, with Anna, our ex-QC student, on the bass. I thought something was funny in the background when I played. Was it me or was it the rhythm section playing some funny shit? I dunno. But I went through it, didn't feel so good though.

I didn't play for the rest of the night, not till the last song, "Nardis", which I had never played before. Surprisingly, the band switched on their funk mode!

So I played funk over Trane... I thought I pulled it off pretty well except I didn't know the changes that well. But I tried to be as singing as possible. And I think people dig it.

Jamming with Jeremy Kittel is pretty fun too, hope I can play more with him!

The jam session ended around 1:30am. Got back to Queens around, 3 something, crashed at 4...

No comments: