Friday, October 13, 2006

Social Security Card~~~

I woke up at 10.25 or something like that this morning. Damn! Should've woke up at 9.30am!

So I shaved my teeth and brushed my face... uh... I mean... brushed my teeth and shaved my face and went to the school with HP, ready for today's rehearsal.

Since we missed the time to do individual practice, we jumped right into learning the new section of Nilon together, which is page 4 and page 5.

We spent some time working out the time (of couse), and I spent a bit on learning my notes, they're some hard nuts to crack! Then we went back to the 1st three pages to further polish it --- if you can call that "polish"...

And then!! Mr Jordan Kuspa's piece, "Beneath the Magma" (which means hardcore...).

It's a far more practical piece cuz it's written by a cellist, he knows what works and what's not. We basically read through the whole piece on the spot, shouldn't be too much of a problem. But it's nice and energetic, should be a good piece to start the program.

Then we had a short lunch and I went to Jamaica!! I went to apply for my social security card.

I heard people inside the counters yelling and shouting at the applicants, ooh~~ scary~~ Luckily when it was my turn, it was a Chinese lady --- probably the only one --- who served me. When she was my name, she asked me if I was Chinese and we started to speak Cantonese. She was very nice to me. It took around 15 minutes to finish the whole process, and she asked me to wait for 2 weeks the most.

I can work legally SOON!!!!

No comments: